Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kater Tot's Grand Opening!

It's About Time

I'm at that stage in my life that is so conducive to blogging:  That "stay-at-home mom-to-be with opinions so damn important that they must be shared with the world" stage, that "I don't get out of my house enough to socialize, but dammit I read the news" stage.  That self-important stage that you hit when you realize you really haven't done much with your life, but you're somehow more than qualified to share your opinion on the wide world of the internet.

If the internet wasn't created with people like me in mind, then I have no idea what it was created for.*

Weekly Specials

I wanted to say "Daily Specials," but my ability to commit to anything beyond my daughter-to-be, my fiancee and my dog is questionable, so I'm going with something more realistic:  Weekly updates.  That way, it will feel like a tremendous gift when you get more than one every seven days.  This is also my optimistic way of motivating myself to actually keep writing in this blog and not to just write two posts and forget about it.

Things I like to write about might not be things you like to read about.  I'll share way too much information about my pregnancy and all the interesting body changes that have occurred and will continue to occur; I'll probably piss you off once or twice with my politically incorrect views on the hot-button issues of our times; I'll discuss in grand detail my dog's farts.

In short, I'm not interested in serving the same meatloaf-and-mashed-potatoes plate that I normally have to dish out just to keep a friend or two.  I serve Kater Tots.  If you don't like Kater Tots, I'm sure the Huffington Post would be more than happy to pander to your sensitive viewpoints all the while keeping you in the victim mentality.  Go ahead, check them out.

*Actually, I'm pretty sure Al Gore invented it to as a means to brainwash the masses into building their own cars out of bamboo that run on guilt and Duracells, but I can't verify that.  Check Snopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment