Friday, February 4, 2011

Quick Update: I'm Still Around

The whole family is sitting here in bed with me as I write.  My fiance is sprawled next to me working feverishly on his laptop; the dog is fast asleep, serving as my slightly twitchy footstool; the baby is reclined comfortably in my womb, struggling against her increasingly tight living conditions with bumps and kicks against her walls.  And here I am, slightly uncomfortable at nearly 37 weeks pregnant with an ever-expanding bowling ball in my stomach threatening to take over my entire 5'0", previously 115-pound frame.

Nights like this have become the norm, calm nights spent enjoying my microcosm with reruns on the TV, crackers and cheese on the nightstand, and the random cuddle with either of my two boys:  The hairy one with four legs, and the not-so-hairy one with only two. 

Tonight seemed like a good time to update my blog, which I have been neglecting for a variety of reasons.  First of all, pregnancy brain is a very real condition that reduces an intelligent woman into a one-track-minded idiot who has to read every sentence she types at least three times to verify that it does, indeed, make sense.  Second, I haven't had a whole lot of time to write between washing baby clothes and crib sets, preparing a nursery, trying to maintain a halfway-decent home and peeing every five minutes.  Finally, I just feel that I haven't had a whole lot to say.  Which is surprising, considering all that is going on in the world.  I'm just very focused on my body and my baby lately, so focused that I don't have the energy to complain at any great length about much.  (And complaining used to be my favorite!)

I had great hopes for this blog, and still do.  I don't want it to be relegated to the blog graveyard I've created for myself which floats somewhere in the darkest reaches of the internet, blogs whose names have been long forgotten and only ever had three updates. So I'm updating today, albeit a boring update, to keep my motivation and to remind my few followers that I'm still here and will continue to be.  Just have a little patience with me as I make this huge transition from Just Me to Mother.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same problem and I am not nearly as far along as you. My poor blog just gets pushed to the deepest darkest corner of my to-do list. I've just felt totally uninspired to write anything, about anything.

    You are SO close now! Yay!

    ReplyDelete